Wednesday 2 January 2019

Busted Your MacBook Screen? Don't Worry Here is a technique how to solve it.

What is the merge between a MacBook with a busted screen and a desktop LCD panel? This:


I figured two names for it, a Macenstein or a FrankenBook (yeah I know, both are damn ugly, suggestions welcome!). I happened to drive over my one-week-old MacBook with my 30-minute-old Viano van as I tested the parking sensors at the dealer, and the screen cracked. Obviously, the Apple retailer refused to service it under warranty, and quoted around 700 Euro for a new LCD, when the entry-level MacBook costs 1000 Euro, it seems a pretty ridiculous price to pay. visit now
Out of desperation, I had the idea of removing the screen entirely, and using the remaining portion of the MacBook as a desktop - after all, it still had a working hard drive, DVD drive, touchpad, and keyboard, so a few dozen screws later, this was the result:


As you can see, the cables that connect to the display’s backlight and LCD circuit are still there, as are the three wires that come out of the Airport wireless card and lead to the patch antennas on the lid. I still have to put some connectors on these so I can drive external antennas. A friend of mine just saw this thing, and wondered why they are not manufactured commercially - it’s an ideal space saver - computer, keyboard, and mouse in one small piece that sits in front of a nice LCD display, and which comes with built-in UPS to save you from power failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment